Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Twinkie So the Creepy Zombie Clowns Won't Eat My Brains!


I love movies. I have loved movies long before I started my love affair with books. I have a very broad range when it comes to my taste in movies. Eclectic, some could say. Don't get me wrong, I have or I like to think I have very good taste when it comes to movies. However, there are some that I love just because. I know that they are complete crap, but I like them all the same.

Yesterday I rented three movies to watch. 2012, the SciFy mini series Alice and Zombieland. I rented 2012 because it looked like a good disaster movie and it had John Cusak in it of whom I am a huge fan. Alice I rented because I never got to finish watching it while it was on TV and lets face it, who doesn't like an Alice in Wonderland tale revamped? Now for Zombieland. I rented this movie for no other reason than my daughter and her boyfriend went on and on about it.

2012 was very good. A little on the long side and I'm glad I just rented it and didn't go see it in the theater, but all in all a good flick. Alice was great! This one I'm thinking about adding to my collection. Zombieland, well this one is added to the ones of "I like just because." I don't think I'll be adding it to the collection, but still a very funny twist on a zombie movie.

What about the twinkes and creepy zombie clown you ask? Well, I have a slight fear of clowns. If there was anything in this movie that really creeped me out, it was the Zombie Clown. The twinkies are my daughters attempt to make up for me having to experience the trauma of the zombie clown. What some daughters will do for their mothers eh? If you want the background of the whole twinkie thing, you will just have to rent Zombieland and see for yourself. The bottom line is, all three movies are, in my opinion, worth your while and the $3.00 rental fee at RedBox.

No comments:

Post a Comment